Sunday, July 30, 2017

RIP Bert

R.I.P. Bert
 My friend Bert of Canada is dead, alas. Heart attack. He was 56.

Some of you may remember him from this blog, where he could often give amazing explanations to anything technical. He was a great friend, and a support for me when I was the most sick last year. (And I helped him a couple times.) But he was not well, it got worse, and in his last mail he sounded resigned. And recently I was contacted by his landlord, somebody who had been a help to him in hard times also. I called him today and got confirmation. Bert was one of the most brilliant men I knew, he read everything and remembered it all.

5 comments:

E.S.S. said...

Eolake, my condolences as well.
I just went through the same situation. It's amazing how important some people are to our lives. Even people who we only know through their words.They help us recognize our strong and weak points.These amazing people enrich our lives.
I have been a follower of this blog since the start of DOMAI. wow! And Bert had some interesting points to share.
Once again, my regards for your friend.
Thanks for your own contributions to my life!

Ed

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

'Thank you, Ed, I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Ealake,

Would you like to share any special comments/opinions/insights that you consider Bert contributed to you or the community ?

Best,

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Well, there were many, many items I only blogged about because he found them.

And at a quick look, I found these:

http://eolake.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/how-sun-sees-you.html

http://eolake.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-tied-bolts-on-propeller.html

http://eolake.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/cthulhu-board-game.html

And there are some I can't find now for some reason, like he explained how a big ship engine works, or a jet helicopter engine.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

(Often I'd leave out credit to him, because he had hinted that he didn't care about it too much.)