Friday, July 25, 2014

Nokia Lumia 1520 sample photos

Nokia Lumia 1520's phone-camera, man, that is one friggin' good camera. With this, image-quality-wise, there is practically NO compromise from a good compact camera to this one. Good colors, good contrast range, decent low-light performance, and a very sharp lens indeed.
(Of course there are other compromises, but not much. It has no zoom, and the autofocus is not as fast as the best compact cameras. And a big-sensor compact like Sony RX100 will do better in very low light.)





Note, I still use my iPhone 5S as my phone and main mini-tablet. It's only the screen size and the camera of the Lumia 1520 which beats the iPhone, the user experience is otherwise markedly inferior, in my opinion. (And the camera in the iPhone is probably next-best.)

8 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Nice...and good to know, come January, when it's time for an "upgrade" (or "downgrade," as Jobs might have thought, going from an iPhone back to an Android!! I wouldn't be the first!!)...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No, I still use my iPhone 5S. It's only the screen size and the camera of the Nokia which beats the iPhone, the user experience is otherwise markedly inferior, in my opinion.

TC [Girl] said...

No, I still use my iPhone 5S. It's only the screen size and the camera of the Nokia which beats the iPhone, the user experience is otherwise markedly inferior, in my opinion.

I see... Very good to know... I'm, still, holding out hope that the next iPhone will have a larger screen and keyboard...2 of the only things I wish were better...

Richard Findley said...

That's a pretty grim place you live in, man.

TC [Girl] said...

Funny speculative article... :-P

Pete said...

I can't agree on the UI. I find Windows Phone 8 fresh, intuitive and very, very slick to the point where it makes other mobile UIs look clunky and dated.

Still, to each their own and if you're lucky enough to be able to own them all then so much the better!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

In the upcoming iOS 8 you'll be able to replace the keyboard. That's very good.

By now now EVERYBODY is expecting two iPhones, expectations have settled on a 4.7 inch and a 5.5 inch. If Apple fails to deliver something good on this, there will be tons of disappointment.

----
"Grim place", RF? I don't think you've seen much then. Granted this is not exactly an exciting or beautiful place, but it's a nice, quiet, middle-class neighborhood, everybody has work and things are kept up. This is in sharp contrast to many neighborhoods in the world. It was new to me when I moved from Denmark, but UK has a whole Class of people, and big neighborhoods, where *nobody* has work, or expect to ever get any.

----
Pete, it could well be I was just reacting to a couple of bugs and the lack of some apps I wanted.

Anonymous said...

"Grim place", RF? I don't think you've seen much then.

I was referring to the blah sameness of it, not to say it was a lot of welfare bums and high crime or dirty. Just every place is the same, it's all mind-numbing and blah.