Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jeffrey Stephenson design

Jeffrey Stephenson design.


"Mondrian" PC case.

He states the acrylic tiles are hand-cut. I wonder if he makes them from acrylic paint or what. Update: I asked, and Jeffrey says: "I cut the tiles from colored cast acrylic [plexiglass] sheet", and links to the project.
"I spent a tremendous amount of time sanding edges to get a perfect fit."

Aerodyne, compact fanless case for mini-ITX (low-power mother board). Aluminium and mahogany.




3 comments:

Russ said...

This case is more my style. This would show that my computer is either really fast, or my Windows OS is going up in flames! ;-)

Remember back in the day when computers had turbo switches? Why would anyone not want to have that switch turned on all the time?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

... Maybe the computer runs a very hot, when the turbo is turned on.

I think the new Mac Pro has a turbo setting. I don't know how it is activated though.

This flame computer: I got I admit it looks hot. Pun not intended, amazingly.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ah, like I suspected, Apple would not leave it up to the user: "... it turns on when the chip is under it's full capacity; when it IS working hard (being at full power and pretty hot), it will switch OFF turboboost.
In essence, the i7 over-clocks itself when it can (not under stress); and goes back to normal when it hits it's heat and power limit."