Thursday, January 12, 2012

"You're Getting Old"

In South Park episode "You're Getting Old", Stan starts feeling and seeing more and more things as sh*t, and the doctor tells him it's a condition called "being a cynical asshole". I thought maybe it was some healthy self-reflection on the parts of Matt and Trey, but I am not sure they are capable of that.
I might also think it reflects on some aspect of myself, but then I'd have been getting old since I was about ten. Oh sh*t, it happened to Stan after his tenth birthday! Oh no, no, block it out, block it out!!

3 comments:

Mike Findley said...

You're not a cynical asshole. On this blog you come across as kind of too much the other way - very, very uncritical of everything. For example your acceptance of virtually anything as art. A cynical asshole is more like Comic Book Guy who seems to hate everything.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Why thank you.

I do, for example, mostly tend to put up a movie if I liked it. It's more fun.

Take notice that just because I call something "art" does not mean I call it *good* art.
A house can be the crappiest building in the world, but it's still a house.

Anonymous said...

Take notice that just because I call something "art" does not mean I call it *good* art.

Whether something is considered good art depends on how many people you can convince, or even just how many of the right people you can convince. This is one of the things the internet and blogging and shit like that has done - take away some of the power of those people.