Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Tivo

I had Tivo a decade ago, and really liked it. But it was pushed off the market here in the UK. But now it's back, and I got mine today. I can't believe just how much superior the box and service is to the standard virgin cable box (even on + service). It's awesome. Just the Search functionality alone is worth it, and then comes how it learns your taste, etc.

(Even if the cable box had worked as intended, it would still be way inferior, but it was so incredibly buggy and unstable that I was really happy to get rid of it.)

3 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"I can't believe just how much superior the box and service is to the standard virgin cable box (even on + service)."

...which, to me, is rather surprising...given the reputation for QUALITY and GOOD SERVICE other Virgin products have been rated. Quite ironic and sad to discover. Glad Tivo is still "alive and kicking," after all this time, though! :-D

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Not so great right here. Like I wrote some weeks back, the box kept deleting my recorded shows wholesale when it was full, and when I called support about it, they finally said "There's nothing can be done about it, sorry." Although I think the "sorry" was not included.

TC [Girl] said...

Yes...I remember, now. I'd be linking my posts re: same straight to the boss (Branson) via Twitter. I wonder if he knows how bad it is! I don't think he'd be too happy to hear that. :-(