Thursday, September 01, 2011

"No fix for that" says Virgin UK

My TV cable box with the Virgin extra V+ service can record programs. And normally it does it fine. But recently it has suddenly deleted a whole string of recordings at once, everything on it. When rebooted, it has "recovered content" files listed, but these files won't play. It has happened several times.

Not great, so I called Support. After much checking and waiting, I was told that "there's no fix for that". Apparently not even getting a new box would help. And there was no light on the horizon either.  I would simply have to sit back and accept my recorded fave TV programs disappearing periodically. Or, I guess, get Sky TV instead. But I don't think they do broadband.

Wow, that has to be the worst ending of a Support call I've ever had! "There's no fix for that"... seriously?

5 comments:

Timo Lehtinen said...

Why not suggest that to Richard Branson as a new slogan for Virgin?

Ray said...

Could you link it to a backup device, or maybe replace it with something like Tivo?

TC [Girl] said...

TTL said...
"Why not suggest that to Richard Branson as a new slogan for Virgin?"

He'd have just a few po'd customers! (Holy **! No *wonder* he's got such a shit-eating GRIN on his face!)

TC [Girl] said...

A place to come hang on Sir Richard Branson's island. :-P

TC [Girl] said...

Geesh! Just found a coupla other cute vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyL7pDiHxxQ&NR=1

and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf9W7w_9T1U&NR=1 :-D