Sunday, July 03, 2011

Panasonic GF3 (?)

I was surprised when I heard that there's now a Panasonic Lumix GF3. Heck, it's less than half a years since the GF2 came out!
It turns out it is not, despite the name, really a "GF3". It has nothing to do with the predecessors, it's a beginner's camera, not an enthusiast camera. I think Panasonic is really shooting themselves in the foot by confusing their customers like this. (How hard can it be to maintain logical naming conventions, yet nobody ever does it!)

Look at this disconnect, even just visually:

GF1:


GF2:


"GF3":

3 comments:

Reinking said...

Eolake,
I just checked my calendar and it's not April 1st. So I have to sincerely ask you to justify our comments on this camera. Did you look at a review, study the specifications, weight, sensor size, ease of use? No affiliation but here is one review that I trust.
This camera actually looks quite attractive based on it's performance and features. Okay, I have thrown down the gauntlet. What do you have to say now?

<http://www.dpreview.com/news/1106/11061310panasonicGF3preview.asp?

Reinking

Reinking said...

Sorry that link got truncated. Try this:


But remove the return between the "/"
and "1106131o...."

Reinking

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Well, I'm not saying it's a bad camera, probably it is quite good. I just don't think it's the same *line* as the GF1 and GF2, is all. The timing also confirms it, the GF2 is still new.
They might have called it the "GF200" or something.