Sunday, July 10, 2011

Elastica - Waking Up (live)

I've liked Elastica and this song for a long time (I posted a better-sounding version before), but I started noticing the lyrics too, so here they are. "If I can't be a star I won't get out of bed", love that. Isn't it the problem of so many of us? We'd love to be rock stars and multi-millionaires and jet-setters, but everything is just so f***ing much work, who can be arsed, really?





I'd work very hard but I'm lazy 
I can't take the pressure and it's starting to show 
In my heart you know that it pains me 
A life of leisure is no life you know 

Waking up and getting up has never been easy, 
Oh oh, I think you should know. 
Waking up and getting up has never been easy, 
Oh, oh, I think you should know. 
Oh, oh, I think you should go. 
Make a cup of tea, and put a record on. 

I'd work very hard but I'm lazy 
I've got a lot of songs but they're all in my head. 
I'll get a guitar and a lover who pays me 
If I can't be a star I won't get out of bed. 

No comments: