Monday, August 23, 2010

How to trick people into thinking you're good looking

[Thanks to Miserere]





I think something has happened to satire in the past decade or so. Perhaps because a ton of more people now have access to making it. It seems that they miss the little point of little *hints* for the audience that it's satire.

For example, it's very common now in DVD Extras to have interviews where the actors are *ragging* on each other, in a way that's completely socially unacceptable, and it's clear that it's meant to be funny and a satire, but often it's not really funny, and easily mistaken for reality. I think that's a mistake.

I think this girl lands on the right side of the line though, just.

3 comments:

wormser said...

Pretty funny. I guess it's part of the joke that she's not ugly?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That would be my guess too.

The makeup did make her ugly. But with some subtle makeup instead, she could be booootiful.

Jan said...

I like her.