Saturday, May 08, 2010

Pad Calendar, and iPad in Europe

Why did Apple not make iCal for the iPad, instead of making a whole new calendar, which doesn't even sync with your Mac calendar? Doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, the pad is now announced in many more countries.
The UK site says it's coming May 28, and you can pre-order from May 10.

The cheapest model in the UK is £429. Robbery! Per current exchange rates it should be about £340. I'm glad I bought mine from the US. (Although I may decide to buy a second one when the ashtray is full in the old one.)

1 comment:

Bruce said...

My iPad calendar syncs with iCal on my Mac. I use Google's calendar as an intermediary. On the iPad, set up your Gmail account to sync the Google calendar. In iCal, set up a CalDAV two way subscription to your Gmail calendar. I think Google's help files will walk you through both procedures.

Syncing will happen automatically, whenever either machine is connected to the Internet.

I also have my iPad contacts set up to sync with Address Book on the Mac in a similar way. That one takes a button press on the Mac to work. That button is "sync now" in my menu bar.