Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Monestary life

[Thanks to Tommy]

Monastery Life
A young monk arrives at the monastery. He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand.

He notices, however, that all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up! In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, "We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son."

He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years. Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot.

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing, "We missed the R ! We missed the R ! We missed the R !"
His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, "What's wrong, father?"
With A choking voice, the old abbot replies, "The word was...
CELEBRATE!!!"

-------------------------

Apropos jokes, did anybody notice that this was a joke? The file window "accidentally" exactly covering her naughty parts. I thought that was hysterical.

11 comments:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Hunh. I *did* think it was oddly coincidental, that window. :-)

Paul Bradforth said...

Heh. Be even better if it wasn't spelt 'celibate', no?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yeah, well, maybe it worked perfectly in German or whatever. I'll give it a little leeway.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I think by the way that that window *was* coincidental, only needed a little adjustment to be fully "family safe".

Tommy said...

Am I missing something here (easily done now-a-days)? Is there some connection between the joke and the screen shot? ;-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No connection, my comment was just not important enough to merit a post of its own, so I put it in as a footnote here.

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"Apropos jokes, did anybody notice that this was a joke?"

I had thought that you had, strategically, placed it..."there" which I [at least] appreciated! (sorry guys!)

Tommy said...
"...easily done now-a-days"

Funny! I know the feeling! :-/

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Indeed. Personally at the moment I think the model has really beautiful "parts", but I also realize that the stomach for it is a very personal and even changeable thing, sometimes I don't like it that dramatic.

TC [Girl] said...

Yes and...I have just been clam digging, so...! lol! (for anyone who understands *that*! lol!)

But what you state is interesting to know about men. For me, personally, there is NO DESIRE to look at *that* but...I understand other women are different. Each to her/his own. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"But what you state is interesting to know about men."

I've heard others say they don't like it.


"For me, personally, there is NO DESIRE to look at *that* but...I understand other women are different."

Surely. For example, Playgirl magazine always has it displayed prominently. I think, in recent years even erect. I'm not totally sure though.

As a very young man I once gave my mom such a calendar. My septuagenarian grandmother looked through it very carefully. Twice! "My, aren't they handsome."

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"Playgirl magazine always has it displayed prominently. I think, in recent years even erect."

Well...I wasn't talking about the male "part" bothering me! lol! ;-)

"I'm not totally sure though."

I might have to check and get back to you on that! :-D

"As a very young man I once gave my mom such a calendar. My septuagenarian grandmother looked through it very carefully. Twice! "My, aren't they handsome.""

Such a CUTE story! Thanks for sharing that! :-)