Monday, May 03, 2010

Bad skin

I bought iPad protection plastic from BestSkinsEver, followed their instructions, but I'm not happy. The second time (with a new skin) I even used filtered water to wet it. (You wet it so it's movable until you smooth it down.) This looks terrible, I can't use it.

The pad naked, never saw so clean glass:


First skin:


Second skin:


Update:
I've since used ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD, and it worked beautifully. Although it's even more sticky, so I'd get a helper next time. 

5 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

I am *so* trying not to wince re: the water w/electronics! ugh! BAD IDEA, methinks...especially w/*most* people!! You'd think that there was enough static between the plastics to make it work...

Had you tried to use a sponge to wipe just a tad of water on it and them slowly wipe the surface from one end to the other? Just a thought.

Hentai said...

You don't need water. All you need is patience and a spatula.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

The inner surface is very sticky indeed.

drunkenbullfrog said...

if you kept the old stuff, you might try alcohol spray. if the stickiness dies away completely, then comes back full after the alcohol is pressed out, it's probably a trick to do. i use a card edge for getting bubbles out of that stuff. you can use some nearly pure stuff, and it won't bother the electronics, but you gotta keep it cold to prevent fast evaporation.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Update:
I've since used ZAGG's invisibleSHIELD, and it worked beautifully. Although it's even more sticky, so I'd get a helper next time.