Friday, April 09, 2010

Heretic thoughts

Somebody suggested that the iPad should have a stand, or at least some holes or hooks for attaching a stand.
I say heresy!!! You may not mess with the holy Apple super-minimalist aesthetic!

If you can't move your mouse because the cord is only five inches long, that's a sacrifice you must make for the beauty of the machine in promotional shots. And if your iPad keeps slipping out of your hand because it has no shape or texture, that's something you have to live with so it can look amazing in the famous videos where the product rotates slowly while the light glides over it seductively.

4 comments:

Ganesha Games said...

You are starting to talk like I do about Apple. You spent too much time talking to me :-)

I suggest a ritual for cleaning your heretic thoughts: go in a Windows-based office, steal the first double-button mouse you find and replace it with Apple's round "hand cramper" mouse...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Oh, it's been a long time since I've used the standard Apple keyboard or mouse with my Mac Pro. I need them big for my huge hands.
(Unicomp keyboard and Kensington big trackball.)

Ganesha Games said...

My students in my school say they type stuff at home on their PCs because typing and mousing with the Imacs is too tiring for their hands.

Another example of Apple's form over function: a friend of mine gets into an internet cafe to send me a doc, they have a mac here (don't know what model) and he failed to do so-- because his USB pen was too thick to fit in the slot). The port would fit into the USB of course-- but the pen itself was too thick. Now, if the USB port was in front of the machine instead that on the side...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm guessing that would have been one of the old colorful iMacs.