Sunday, April 18, 2010

An ALDITCS magazine

My Italian friend of Ganesha Games is making a new magazine, designed for a handy-sized print and for the ALDITCS (A Leading Device In the Tablet Computing Space). Here is the first cover as seen on my pad:


Even if you don't speak Italian, it should be apparent that it's an illustrated magazine with pulp-type crime stories. Sounds cool to me, I almost wish I read Italian.
He already has success as an ebook publisher, some of them gaming books for role playing games.

TTL points out it's a pulp-less pulp magazine. :-)

GG expands:
Not only crime, also superhero, adventure, SF and historical. Basically we try to apply the pulp short story formula to the "padmag" format.
If this goes well, we could find the resources (or the volunteers) to make an international English language version.
By the way, the title reads "Lead" in Italian (as in the metal of which bullets and old typefaces are made).
-

6 comments:

Ganesha Games said...

Not only crime, also superhero, adventure, SF and historical. Basically we try to apply the pulp short story formula to the "padmag" format.

If this goes well, we could find the resources (or the volunteers) to make an international English language version.

Timo Lehtinen said...

Cool.

I especially like that there's no pulp involved (i.e. no trees killed).

What a fun way to brush up on your Italian.

Ganesha Games said...

TTl
yeah pulpless pulp.
Actually, there will be a print version too, althought the illustrations will likely be in black and white as color print on demand is still a bit too expensive.
I imagine the Italians armed with iPads will be very few. At the same time, there will be almost no publications in our language, so there may be a window of opportunity for my product.

Ganesha Games said...

By the way, the title reads "Lead" in Italian (as in the metal of which bullets and old typefaces are made).

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I hope there'll be an int version also.

Ganesha Games said...

Well, I can surely do a rough translation into English, and then find a native speaker (who is also a proficient writer) to edit it so that the dialogue sounds natural, appropriate slang is used, etc. I already have some competent editors in my circle, I just wonder if they'll go through the pain of reading translated pulp fiction.

It can be done: we are writing the stories AS IF they were American pulp stories translated in Italian :-)) But I need to be able to pay people.