Friday, March 12, 2010

iPad

So, we can pre-order iPads now in the US!
It'll ship in early April.
I admit with faint embarrassment that I'm very excited about getting one.

I've ordered one, via a US friend. It's a little silly that I can't wait the extra three weeks or whatever to get one from the UK, but hey, I'm silly.

It's the first computing product in many years that I've actually been excited about getting.

TTL said:
According to The Next Web, people in other countries are using US Unlocked to buy their iPads. US Unlocked even blogged the iPad pre-order availability.

Thanks. I've been using, quite satisfactorily, AccessUSA for a couple of years (also on your recommendation).

By the way, in this case I used a friend's credit card, I have not gotten one via AccessUSA. The IP did not seem to present a problem. And normally I can use my own card (say with Amazon), even if they can't ship beyond USA.
... Actually, maybe I could even have used my own card this time, with Apple, but I already was using the other card because iTunes does not allow non-USA cards to be used for the US store.

3 comments:

Timo Lehtinen said...

According to The Next Web, people in other countries are using US Unlocked to buy their iPads. US Unlocked even blogged the iPad pre-order availability.

Timo Lehtinen said...

Thanks. I've been using, quite satisfactorily, AccessUSA for a couple of years (also on your recommendation).

Yes, apparently there are a number of these services in existence by now. Competition is good. I have no idea which one is the best. I haven't personally used any of them. I am (lazily) keeping tabs on them so that if I ever need this service, I know where to go.

Stephen Fry also mentioned in his blog one that he is using (to order the myriads of gadgetry that he likes to swim in), but I forget which one it was.

timmykeels said...


I have read your blog, it is very helpful for me. I want to say thank you to you. I have bookmarked your website to read more news articles from you.
Do check
Paypal Login
gemini login