Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reichman

I think the photo below is really Kool, a classic street-photography picture. It has humor, composition, originality, colors, textures.
I found it in M. Reichman's Open Letter To Leica.


--------
It amuses me how very literate writers will often subtly use throw-away references which only a small number of readers are likely to get, but it doesn't matter. For example, Michael subtitles the Letter thusly: "A Modest Proposal For Reinventing the M Series". See here for the once-famous reference.

3 comments:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Even though I had only read it in French, I for one guessed in advance the reference. In all modesty. ;-)
Normally, the mere unusualnessity of the formulationtiveness should be a sufficient hint that "there's something to notice here".

"Friends! Husbands! Gamekeepers! Lend me your deears!"

dave nielsen said...

I too guessed it in advance. I don't know, isn't this still a pretty well-known work? The references I sometimes don't get are those to 1980s TV shows and movies they constantly throw out in Family Guy and American Dad. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"I don't know, isn't this still a pretty well-known work?"

If you survey in a university, perhaps.