Sunday, January 17, 2010

Container Adventures









------
Pentax K-x, 70mm F:2.4, 800 ISO, F:6.3 or 8.0 abouts.
A bit of darkening or saturation done on some of them in Photoshop.

One of the reasons I keep buying cameras is that they keep making them in better quality and smaller packages. And I think that right now, the Pentax K-x with the 70mm lens is the best image quality I have seen from a camera that size, it's lovely.

By the way, the second image challenged my hyper-focal abilities, meaning that if I focused on the tank, the trees were not sharp, and vice versa. I'm not so sophisticated with depth-of-field scales and such, so I just focused on something which I judged to be roughly equidistant between them, and lo, it worked. A wonderfully crisp image.

2 comments:

Robb in Houston said...

3 Comments here...

(1) Nice abstract images.
I wonder why it was necessary to shoot them at ISO800.

(2) DOF (depth of field) scales aren't sophisticated; they only require an understanding where the sharpest part of lens is - in terms of optical rendering ability.

(3) And lastly - don't shoot an image because it can be manipulated in Photoshop. Shoot it because it can't.

Kodachrome 25 was a great teacher - the exposure was either on or it wasn't.

Shoot more - do a book.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks, Robb.

"I wonder why it was necessary to shoot them at ISO800."

Surprised me too, I thought there would be plenty of light. But there really was not, surely due to it being very close to sun down, and also near the darkest part of the year and high in the Northern hemisphere.