Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Yakety Yak and two hotties

This is from the surprisingly good movie Twins from 1988. Looking at the start of it I thought it's really "eighties" in the look and feel, and it is, but it's one of the good ones. Very warm, very funny.
And I made this clip just to share how hot both Arnold and Kelly Preston were in those days. My goodness.
(Watch in HQ here.)



I'd watched the clip a couple of times before I noticed Kelly is sneaking a peek in the mirror at Arnold! I suspect my TV is clipping a little off the side of the picture so I did not notice it's a mirror she has her hand on. But also it's wonderfully subtle acting by Kelly, she is really good.

(The song Arnold is singing is an old sixties hit, Yakety Yak.)

----
QuickTime Player tip: the new QuickTime Player in Snow Leopard will, even without QT Pro, let you crop a clip (but only from the ends), and export it to the web.
It also now saves a clipped movie in a smaller size, instead of "hiding" the clipped material in the file like the old one did, if you didn't Export.
Now, if you want more options for editing and Export, you need the old QT Pro Player. It's still on the machine if you had Leopard before (and had paid for QT Pro), it's been moved to the Utilities folder. (I had to go back and pull it over from my old machine, which I'd kept for just such tricky occasions as this. Apple can be sneaky in getting their way.)

1 comment:

Monsieur Beep! said...

Oh sometimes I'm wishing back my old super 8 film equipment and a pair of scissors to edit the strips. Omg. At least you saw what you were doing whilest nowadays your tools are all hidden as o and 1 in a box. Ok I admit: when I see the digital videos which I'm making I don't really shed a tear for the ancient system. It's just a matter of getting used to modern ways....
A process of constant learning.