Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chrome for Mac

I'm just trying the new Beta version of Goggle Chrome for Mac.

It's very much a beta. For example there's no way of setting default fonts and text size. But one thing I must say: it's very fucking fast! Impressive. Including one of my standard sites, which on Safari for some odd reason takes like half a minute to load (the first page), in Chrome it is near-instant.

And from what I have seen so far with a trek through my most used sites, the rendering is really nice, pages look good and neat.

1 comment:

M. Pipolo said...

Not to rain on your parade, but benchmarks seem to show that Chrome is just slightly *slower* than Safari 4 (http://tinyurl.com/yj9de37). I've been waiting for it on the Mac for a while, and started using it the day it was released. I subsequently quit using it. About 15 minutes later. :)

Really though, I expect they will add a lot to it, but as it is now it's totally unusable for me: so much about the entire browser is completely unconfigurable. Kinda weird even for a beta.