Monday, December 21, 2009

"The best camera is the one you have with you"

[Thanks to Joe]
"The best camera is the one you have with you", article/video. (Unusually, the video is a bit down the page. The last half of it promotes a new app for sharing iPhone photos.)

The title is an old maxim, and one that Mike Johnston teaches, although he also confesses that he often fails to live up the implication of the saying, meaning "always have some kind of camera with you, even if the quality is not optimal".

I have a camera in my Motorola Razr, but when I tried it, I just couldn't figure out how to get the pictures transferred to my Mac, so I don't use it. What I do now is that I always bring my Canon pocket camera if I'm going anywhere in daylight. A little bigger, but it has a zoom, and the quality is great.

2 comments:

Timo Lehtinen said...

My version is:

The best camera is the one you would like to buy but can't afford. Given this, why bring any camera at all, it will only make you irritated. :-)

There is an exception to this rule, however. A deliberately poor quality camera (think Lomo) is in some cases and for some photographic applications the best camera. If you can figure out which camera that is and the right use for it, it may be worth snapping a few pics after all.

Joe said...

A camera can save memories for you. Time moves at light speed. Once passed, a moment is gone forever.

Having a camera to freeze a moment in time. Lets you relive what has moved on.

Memories fade with time but a picture is forever.
Joe