Friday, October 23, 2009

Sound insulation boxes

You may remember my question about sound-insulating the vents from my air conditioning. In the end I went with pretty much what I'd had in mind from the beginning, and got some boxes with sound insulating material inside, mounted. The workers were just here today.

I was worried that it would deface the building, but I think the boxes were so beautifully made by C.M Fair Joinery, that they actually enhance the building, or at least are much better looking than the cheap plastic grilles which were there before.

I think they won't bother anybody, I think the air flow will be sufficient, and I also think that they will do the trick. At least make a significant difference. I'm quite happy.

3 comments:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

It's very tasteful.

Which is starting to sound like a routine statement, the moment you're involved. :-)

RCMEDIA said...

So, the earplug idea was killed in favour of the wooden boxes... I see.

Have your neighbour watch the movie The Man in the Golden Helmet - and point out that it was your second intended solution. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"L'homme au masque d'or" ? Only close title I could find. Could he not hear?