Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting better

Isn't it funny how you can keep learning, long after you thought you were done?
For example, I did not start using macros and typing-completion software until last year, thirteen years after I started using computer, and using them a lot. And now these things are saving me hours of work every month, I'm sure.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I got a new, faster Mac Pro, and set it up with an extra Cinema display so I now have two side by side, and with the new OS Snow Leopard which is faster and nicer and has some features I really use, like the huge image icons. And all these things, surely along with new levels of ability and willingness on my own side, has made me reach new levels of efficiency and joy in computing and producing. I really feel much more productive, faster, and joyful in my work (and play) than I did just a month or two ago. It's so kewl.

1 comment:

Bronislaus Janulis / Framewright said...

I finally decided that macros, and typing completion programs, actually took more time to set up, and keep running than I saved. Same with Photoshop; I gave up at CS2, and happily use Elements now. YMMV.