Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Another GF1 review

DPReview reviews the Panasonic GF1. Now, they make verrrrrrrry long reviews with a billion details, so you can start with the conclusion, and then go to the first page if interested.
Like me, they like it and think it's one of the rare camera which makes photography fun again, as well as being capable of making very high quality pictures if used right.
"the GF1 is a camera that simply cries out to be used and, for this occasionally jaded user at least, puts the fun back into photography. [...] once you attach the wonderful 20mm F1.7 pancake it becomes something special; an unobtrusive creative tool that you can carry anywhere, and one that's capable of superb photographic results.
When I started using the GF1 I didn't think I'd use the 20mm F1.7 that much (too many years using zooms), but once attached I rarely took it off. The 40mm equivalent focal length is both restrictive and yet surprisingly liberating from a creative point of view, and took me back to my earliest days of photography using a Pentax Spotmatic with a single 50mm lens. And you can stick it on a wrist strap and basically carry it with you wherever you go."
-

No comments: