Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nano video

So the new iPod Nano shoots video. Didn't see that coming. I haven't looked closer yet, but I have to admit that my initial reaction is: 'why? ... that's like a cigarette lighter with wheels'.
Saturday update: just coming onto this point in the keynote now... Right, seeing it as a free built-in Flip for quick youtube clips, I can see the point.
Anyhow, it's insane what they have built into this tiny thing now. Voice recorder, radio, pedomenter, music player, video player, video camera...



There's a new iPod shuffle too. With, once again, a radically new form and look. And, once again, a new and different connector to the computer. I love Apple products, but do they have to keep inventing new connectors and plugs all the time?!

6 comments:

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

That's the whole point. They make their profit margins on the sale of accessories. Just like with the car industry.

kronostar said...

I'll admit I'm cursing over buying a Creative Vado a couple of months ago. My ipod 5G is getting close to the end of its life with several rows of dead pixels obscuring song titles and a battery life of about 2 hours. And I'm sure I'm not the only one given how popular the Flip video has been this past year.

I'm surprised they didn't add camera capabilities to the IPod Touch though as that's the product I'm yearning for. Of course I'd love to own an iPhone, but I can't justify the $60/month bill especially as I'm only using about $10/month with my prepaid cell phone plan.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yah, the monthly bills are a killer. I barely use a phone, but I'd get an iPhone if I could pay a fair price up front and not get tied to an expensive use contract.

Bruce said...

I think the nano with camera is made to bury devices like The Flip. Why buy one now? They are bigger and they don't play music.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That's probably a good point.

But don't they have higher resolution? The video samples on Apple's site seems awfully small.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Saturday update: just coming onto this point in the keynote now... Right, seeing it as a free built-in Flip for quick youtube clips, I can see the point.
Anyhow, it's insane what they have built into this tiny thing now. Voice recorder, radio, pedomenter, music player, video player, video camera...