Friday, August 28, 2009

What is the third world?

Bert wrote to me:
Do find 20 minutes to watch this Swede shatter many common conceptions about the state of the world.
Made me applaud a couple of times (watching a video on my computer!!).

There is this version on TED's site, or this one on youtube, has better picture (helps with seeing his moving graphs). Seems to be roughly same speech, but recorded at different times/place.
Highly interesting. The world picture today is totally different than 98% of us are aware of.

4 comments:

John said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

Funny how you get all these people immigrating to Europe and North America (except Mexico) and never the other way around. I've been to Africa. I've been to China. Both are still shitholes.

Anonymous said...

I have never been to AFrica but my cousin was in Egypt recently and said that it is a very dirty place, especially the bathrooms (even at the airport). He has a bit of Jerry Seinfeld type fastidiousness though so it's hard to say how bad it really was.

Ray said...

"The world picture today is totally different than 98% of us are aware of."

As Arte used to say on the old Laugh-In show (remember that?) ....
"V-e-r-r-r-y Interesting!"