Sunday, June 07, 2009

Olympus Pen speculation

For the camera fetichist: a few considerations about the compact system camera coming in a week.

Why am I so interested in this camera (and future ones in the same category)? Because I'm a walk-around photographer. I love walking around for hours, photographing, maybe mix it with sight-seeing and lunch with friends. And a regular DSLR like my Nikon D90 is just not handy in such a situation, it takes too much attention, both from yourself and from others. On the other hand, while pocket cameras now, especially Canon's, give amazing image quality, in some aspects (like speed and low depth-of-field and low-light), they are not really "serious" cameras. It's technically possible now to have the best of both worlds, and I hope we get it soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have said
"Couldn't agree with you more" sooner,
but unfortunately I've been stuck exploring the Apple Movie Trailers site for an hour, no thanks to your "9" post.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Hah, sorry. Yeah, that trailer site can be addictive.