Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lit up frog.

Lit up frog. From Geo.
by James Snyder who wrote:

This is a Cuban tree frog on a tree in my backyard in southern Florida. How and why he ate this light is a mystery. It should be noted that at the time I was taking this photo, I thought this frog was dead having cooked himself from the inside. I’m happy to say I was wrong. After a few shots he adjusted his position. So after I was finished shooting him, I pulled the light out of his mouth and he was fine. Actually, I might be crazy but I don’t think he was very happy when I took his light away.



6 comments:

Royce said...

Interesting shot - maybe the frog was attracted by the heat of the bulb itself. Definitely unusual - maybe animals use drugs too!

John H said...

Just having a light snack it seems

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Hehe.

--
Gives new meaning to: he was lit up like a Christmas tree, I wonder what he'd taken.

--
Not much of a gag reflex on these little guys, it seems. Impressive.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

My verif : "sucidwo"!!! ("Whoa" indeed. Holy self-killing, Batman!)

"Light snack"... :-D
That one was excellent!
Or, dare I say, egg-nog-cellent?

My hypothesis: these lights look more than a little like yummy glowworms.
Besides, when you eat one, it definitely does glow warm...
It WAS chilly December, after all.

Perhaps Mr Snyder should've tried kissing it, to check if it wasn't Santa under a voodoo spell from the Evil Witch of LaHabana. (That's east of Florida. Naturally.)

I bet Tim Burton could make a new Jack Skellington movie from it...
"I am the frog who ate your Christmas lights
Kiss my poisonous skin to get a good fright
I'll color your candy canes, because alas, tonight,
Sandy Claws is haunting the icy freezing skies!"
[Cue stop-motion ballet of the abominable snowmen.]

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

"Not much of a gag reflex on these little guys, it seems."
If your food was houseflies and other icky insects, you too would be glad for the absence of a gag reflex!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Some frogs you can lick to get lit up. Now we know how the frogs themselves do it.