Friday, June 26, 2009

Expensive homes too, now

It took a while, but the most expensive houses are now suffering the same fate as the general market. One property is marked down fifty million dollars from last year!

A have a friend with a successful business (last I heard). A few years ago he told me how he was buying houses in Paris, Africa, all over the place. I asked him if this was wise? It could be a real trap. I mean, it didn't even sound like he was planning to rent them out or anything. He said "no no. OK, right now we have to work like hell to pay it all, but this is the new way to get rich. Your method, living beneath your means, is the old-fashioned way."
I never really saw the logic of it, and I'm guessing by now he does not either. Hopefully he did not get caught too badly.

2 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Check this out. I wonder what he does w/ALL these dang properties! Would be fun to see the insides of them. He's picked some really beautiful spots, the Rascal! My favorite part: "Plans show he wanted to remodel one of the houses and install a heated driveway." Oh MY! lol! CRAZY!

TC [Girl] said...

This was pretty cool, as well. There's some really lovely materials used, in these; some cool features. That Colorado "great room" (or whatever it's called) is pretty spectacular. LOVE the rock walls and the arches. Gorgeous!) It's always fun to look. :-)