Friday, April 24, 2009

Queen Bohemian Rhapsody Old School Computer Remix

Queen Bohemian Rhapsody Old School Computer Remix, video. Totally hil. Thanks to an anon (put in a name, guys, thanks).
No effects or sampling was used. What you see is what you hear (does that even make sense?)
Atari 800XL was used for the lead piano/organ sound
Texas Instruments TI-99/4a as lead guitar
8 Inch Floppy Disk as Bass
3.5 inch Harddrive as the gong
HP ScanJet 3C was used for all vocals.
-


---
By the way, I don't know if it's clear to everybody: when I use italics and colored text, I'm quoting somebody else. (I use blue for qouted comments from this blog, and green for web sites.)

3 comments:

Paul Kierstead said...

I had to call up the real thing on the pod and enjoy it all over again after seeing/hearing this. Great stuff!

Timo Lehtinen said...

This effort certainly has hack value. But other than that, I find it rather pointless. In fact, I can't even listen to it through. It sounds so dull.

Here's a thought someone just tweeted:

Tom Jones fainted holding the last long note of 'ThunderBall', giving his all for his art. Your art is your lifestyle. Give it your all.

Timo Lehtinen said...

Ok, here is another presentation of Bohemian Rhapsody.

I have to warn you thought. The buildup is so funny that it will most likely give you a hernia from laughter. At the minimum you will pee in your pants. This is a seriously dangerous clip.