Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Spy Who Frigged Me

I was never all that impressed by Bond movies. I remember twenny years ago I was watching Octopussy on video. Most on it I watched on fast-forward, and I didn't miss a thing.

I can't recall why, but it seems something had compelled me to put The Spy Who Loved me on my online rental list, and it arrived this week. I could only stand to watch less than ten minutes of it. My gawd, what an abysmally, toe-curlingly, heart-stoppingly bad movie. Even for light summer entertainment. It felt like being hungry, being out of food, and trying to eat an empty cereal box. Yuck.

6 comments:

Ray said...

Hmmmm....so you didn't care for Mrs. Ringo Starr in her almost-dress trying to escape from the bad guys and snuggle up to James Bond, huh?

Back then, Barbara Bach was a fine looking woman in her prime, and most
of us slobbering young guys would have happily run six blocks in our bare feet through broken glass just to kiss her pink posterior.... but not you, huh? :)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm sure I would have liked it if I'd watched that far, but I couldn't. It may even have been what prompted me to rent it.

The Dissonance said...

I guess it's okay that we don't agree on everything. I luv the music too.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I hear you.

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Ah, but do you hear the music? ;-)

What you wanted to rent was "The Spy Who Shagged Me", with Austin Powers in the double role of Mike Myers and Shrek. Try and see if the rental store will exchange it free of charge on accounts of a legitimate confusion.

Anonymous said...

You just mentioned two of the worst all time Bond movies. The Bonds I've watched are Connery, Brosnan, and Craig. The Connery ones are funny partly because of the way Bond treats women, which is only funny because you can image the reaction that kind of behaviour today!