Friday, November 28, 2008

Pratchett interview

Terry talking about a forthcoming book to be called Unseen Academicals. But lord knows when that may arrive; I find it more interesting from a creator's viewpoint what he's saying about having something fresh to say. Very informative.



Kronostar said:
I appreciate the TP interviews you've posted in the past as I'd always just been a casual fan of his work and never learned much about him as a person beyond the dust jacket. It does give a wonderful insight into his creative process that we might apply in our lives as well.
His new project kind of reminds me of last night's episode of IT Crowd with the bluffball website that gives non-sports fanatics the tools and phrases on how to communicate with their football-obsessed colleagues. I know I've sometimes glanced at sports headlines just so I could be part of the social group at work/school.

3 comments:

Alex said...

Thankfully I did a lot of catch up reading of the Discworld series between 90 and 94, and burnt out on TP. Then after more than a decade I've now got a comfortable backlog to work through. Will be spending some more time with Tiffany whatserface now I'm through with Von Lipwig. Making Money is rather an apt read in this day and age.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Tiffany Aching is one of my favorite characters, along with Granny Weatherwax. I love very strong minds, not the least in women characters.

kronostar said...

I appreciate the TP interviews you've posted in the past as I'd always just been a casual fan of his work and never learned much about him as a person beyond the dust jacket. It does give a wonderful insight into his creative process that we might apply in our lives as well.

His new project kind of reminds me of last night's episode of IT Crowd with the bluffball website that gives non-sports fanatics the tools and phrases on how to communicate with their football-obsessed colleagues. I know I've sometimes glanced at sports headlines just so I could be part of the social group at work/school.