Friday, November 14, 2008

Kate bush: Nocturn

Amateur music video based on Kate Bush's song Nocturn.
The album "Aerial"* is not easy to get into, which seems to fit Kate fine. But one of my favorites is Nocturn. It's a very long one, though, and gets better as it goes on, I think.
I'm a big fan of Kate from back in the seventies.
She has said that her own favorite music is the stuff it took her a while to get into. Fair enough, some art is worth some work. But some of my own favorite stuff I did like immediately too. And the thing is, if you don't like something immediately, why would you want to put in all that work just on the off chance that it grows on you? I think an artist does well to meet the audience half way.



* Dictionary: aerial (âr'ē-əl, ā-îr'ē-əl)
adj.
Of, in, or caused by the air.
Existing or living in the air.
Reaching high into the air; lofty.
Suggestive of air, as in lightness; airy.
Unsubstantial; imaginary.

6 comments:

Alex said...

How did I miss this? Last I heard was "The Red Shoes". I did find the boxed set on-line a while back, that's the only place I've seen "Ken", other then in the movie "GLC".

Great, now I have to go to the CD store and see if they have a copy.

Alex said...

I like the album art, wish it were on a 12" album sleeve. The cover is interesting, it looks at first like the sort of coastline you'd see in Riven, but I noticed it looked more like a waveform, turns out it's the soundwave of blackbirds singing.

The photo of Kate on the page for Joanni is very good too.

I am glad a lot of the albums I've had of late are not in jewel cases. Aeriel is typical three fold sleeve with disks printed to match the background.

Say, Rolf Harris is on this album, didgeridoo of course (Brits will understand).

Only 5 tracks into A Sea Of Honey, so music review to follow...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Mail it to me, maybe I can post it.

Alex said...

22 page book and CD cover? Our scanner lives in a cupboard, and takes 10 minutes to set up when there isn't Lego in the way...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No, your review, if you write one.

Alex said...

My review