Friday, November 07, 2008

Boat and Water

This is from the mid-nineties, when I was photographing again after a break of many years. I'd made and framed a nice print of this and hung it on my wall. One morning I woke up very early, and the sun was just rising. It was sending a beam of light through my windows, and my curtains and objects outside was shaping the beam into a square which (despite a pretty acute angle) was exactly framing this photo on my wall!* I felt like god was shining a light and saying "see what you can do?" Kewl.



* Not only is the chances against that astronomical, but it would also only last for a minute or two, literally, because a sun beam moves very quickly across a wall when it's at an angle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happen to really love this picture. It makes me want to frame it...and then go out and find this little *cute* boat and go out for a day on the water! :-)

I guess I enjoy seeing the *things* the most and find them really interesting. :-)

It's cool, though, that one picture can mean different things to every person. A gift to us all. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

The boat is doing tours on the lakes near Lyngby, near Copenhagen. This scene was one minute's walk from where I lived in the late nineties.