Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pat Boone

Somebody once told me I sang like Pat Boone, and of course I took that as a compliment, but I was never really familiar with his work. So when I heard Lisa Simpson say about Ned Flanders' home that it is like their own, but everything has a "creepy Pat Boon-ish quality to it", naturally I had to look him up. Bless YouTube.

I can see what she means. Like myself he's an excellent singer and devilishly handsome, but a bit over-slick and over-wholesome. For instance he is singing "you broke my heart" and "you're to blame" with a huge, happy smile.
(I don't really find him "creepy", but the joke works.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g9IedgMOwc

Ozzy hasnt recovered since this happened to his music

Anonymous said...

OK, Eolake...

Now that you've got that new D90, we're ALL waiting...for your most excellent rendition of *Ain't it a Shame*...sans the smiles...if you can refrain, you handsome devil, you! lol! ;-)

Come on...we're waiting! :-)

Anonymous said...

You don't find him creepy?! I'd find it an insult if someone said I sang like that guy!

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yeah?

Well, anyway, the guy who said it liked him, so...