Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dusk photos

Funny enough I had to turn exposure compensation two steps up in the moon picture. I could understand it if I was using centre-weighted metering, but matrix metering is supposed to compensate for bright light sources. I suspect though that the lamp was just big enough and central enough that the camera's software and database suggested it was the central subject rather than a light source.





On request: one wide version added:
(... I wanted to put in on Flickr, but flickr seems to downscale it to max 1224px wide. And yet I've seen bigger there, what's up?)
From today.
Again, do click for full sized version, the textures are great.

I hope my neighbors don't think I'm mental, walking around in the dusk pointing my camera at the ground...


Below, a funny picture. It sort of looks like the ground since the flash flattens things out, but it's actually a bush, and not a big one.
Does anybody like it, or do you find it too messy?

9 comments:

Bert said...

Like your images a lot!

Alex said...

I like the second lamp picture.

Is there a widescreen wallpaper version say 1680x1050?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

No, the two reflected-lamp pictures are quite processed, and I happened to make them only in 1400px on the vertical.

(Are you talking about the portrait-format one or the square one?)

Alex said...

Square, like a harvest moon in a gritstone night.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

OK, I've added a wide version.

Alex said...

Gee I'd better use it now...

I like uncluttered wall paper, a simple texture which desktop icons don't get lost on.

I do have one exception though on my older laptop Deunan Knute in Prada bike leathers.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, it's nice when a desktop picture is pretty calm, at least in the sides.

Monsieur Beep! said...

I hope my neighbors don't think I'm mental

Do you think Einstein cared what people said??
As long as you don't harm anybody don't care what people say, let them have their laughter, but follow your principles.
It could make you famous, happy, and: rich!
And you'll get insights which normal people won't.

PS/ Aren't you famous already? ;-))

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm already famous, happy and rich.
But I still worry what my neighbors think. :-)

... Not a lot, though, and I'm getting better.