Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Secure wrapping


I just received the most securely wrapped box of DVDs ever. It was wrapped in about seven layers of thick bubblewrap, and then the paper was also totally covered in sticky tape. That parcel could survive a drop from an airplane!
And to top it, I got it the day after I ordered it, quite unusual.

It was an eight-movie Marx Brothers DVD box, bought via Amazon UK from Radar Records, apparently a mom and pop store.

The box has the first eight major MB movies, the Paramount ones (Room Service etc). I am also getting a box containing the last four major ones of their movies, the more lavishly produced MGM movies (A Night At The Opera etc).

blankphotog said...
Just got a couple hundred DVD's in spindles last week. Spindles, bubble wrap, tape, foam peanuts, box. It's overkill, and it makes it hard to believe that the low price I paid actually covers their cost.

eolake said...
Yes, that's another thing. Many things I can buy for a couple of pounds and have them shipped to me. (Used books and such.) It must be a dang hard way to make a living.

I sold a bunch of DVDs to a local guy recent, he sells stuff on ebay, often small cheap items. But he refused to touch my books, because he said it wasn't worth it. And yet I can find almost any book I care on AbeBooks, and often get it for a laughable price.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow and wow! (Packing and purchase.)

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

As Groucho could have said: Do you speak Parcel tongue?

BlankPhotog said...

Just got a couple hundred DVD's in spindles last week. Spindles, bubble wrap, tape, foam peanuts, box. It's overkill, and it makes it hard to believe that the low price I paid actually covers their cost.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, that's another thing. Many things I can buy for a couple of pounds and have them shipped to me. (Used books and such.) It must be a dang hard way to make a living.