Monday, August 04, 2008

No more trap door?

Oh, poot. Maybe somebody has solved how to get past the visual code system for comments on blogs and so on. And seems proud of it, deeming from the moniker he used on a spam comment I just got on the 'male nudes' post:

lWIQexHBacRpIvnjXKdMnnlcalj

Download our desktop themes and animated scenery screensavers: waterfalls, butterflies, tropical fish aquariun, mountains, forests, suns of beaches...
Cheap! Click NOW! (Come on, you know you want to. Why wait?)
Also available: girl dances and strips on your desktop (not out #1 selling item, but still a favorite)

ToiNDFqZKPxitPphLbhrcZOTj

Notable:
1: it's from a guy calling himself "spammer through the trap dooor".
2: It has those odd top and bottom codes I mentioned I'd seen on YouTube.
3: ... There's no link to his site! How will he sell anything?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1: it's from a guy calling himself "spammer through the trap dooor".

Did he really do it, or is there someone typing in those CAPTCHAs by hand? If he did, he definitely has bragging rights.

2: It has those odd top and bottom codes I mentioned I'd seen on YouTube.

Aha! Now I got it. Those strings are designed to add a bit of variation to otherwise identically reproduced spam messages. A bit of 'salt' as it is called in the field of cryptography. So, what you have here is some salted spam! I hope you like it.

3: ... There's no link to his site! How will he sell anything?

I guess his technology still needs some refining.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

For my taste, spam is already too salty.

Bert said...

Come on, Pascal. Show yourself, you naughty one.

If you look at the pseudo-spam post in context, you might notice that the post just before ends with

Nature's full of things which are very beautiful to us.

Very true. People don't fork out cold hard cash or its invisible electronic version to look at pictures of those things. That's the point.


Are you really going to try convincing me that it is only a coincidence that some spammer jumps in trying to sell nature scenes? C'mon...

Anonymous said...

The trap door is what I used to get past any firewalls. Obviously. Cool name, innit?
TTL calls it "using the CAPTCHAS". But put like that, it sounds much less JamesBondesque, almost mundane... I'll stick to my own acronym, thank you.

"How will he sell anything?"
I follow the Benetton guidelines: any buzz is good buzz. No matter how obscure.
Besides, you missed the point: that is, proving/reminding that beautiful nature sells well on the internet!
See? More refined than you gave me credit for.

Riddle me this, Blogman: I know your secret identity. Do you know mine?
"Haa, haa, haa! Sssomebody ssstop meee!"

"My name is Legion. For we are many. All your PC are belongs to us."

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Hey! Who snitched?

Am I ree-hee-hee-hee-heallly that transparent? Even when I make obscure jokes?

"Holy cascading laughs, Robert, the Joke's exposed!"

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

Ah... so, Eo... that is... um... am I out of the will now? :-/

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Beats me, I've no clue what goes on here.