Saturday, August 23, 2008

NeutralDay

Neutral day photographic news site.

I'm amazed I keep finding good sites I've never heard about.

Anyway, one thing I liked about it immediately: the design. "They" tell me that background graphics are outdated, but I tell you I'm sick of all sites having either black or white backgrounds. Booooooring.

A friend visited me back when the WWW was a new thing, and I showed her around the web a bit, and she commented on all the black sites: "don't they have any imagination?" And this was 13 years ago! Not much new under the sun.

Back to NeutralDay, it is also refreshing to see a dash of humor in a recipe, as I try myself, for example he writes:
"Now I wasn’t planning to post my predictions for Photokina till after Photokina ends, as I’ve learned that way they tend to be significantly more accurate [...]"

Update: he has a worthwhile comment on full-frame, economics, the 5D, and image quality here.
According to recent rumors, an upcoming Canon 50D and surely also the future 5D replacement may be very interesting in high-ISO ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words!
It's funny you mention the design, as I've been working on a redesign in my free time, but I agree with you about boring ol' white.

And yes I try to inject a few laughs here and there, the problem for me is sometimes sarcasm doesn't "translate" well in writing, but oh well...

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That's very true. One has to be careful, and liberal with the emoticons.

I didn't find an easy way to comment on your site, so I did not, so I'm wondering how you found out I blogged you?