Monday, June 09, 2008

Disguised camera


For people who are tired of getting mistaken for terrorist just because they are toting a camera, here's the solution: a camera disguised as another object.

Admittedly it's very expensive and a bit old fashioned looking. But I'm sure Panasonic could make a modern version. Like a Desert Eagle which takes 12-megapixel pictures. A papparazzi holding that will surely get Madonna to freeze rather than scratch his eyes out. What her security posse will do is anybody's guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a Jack Lemon film. I think it was called "How to murder your wife" or something like that. He played a cartoonist who only drew his character doing real things that he had done, to make sure they were believable. To this end he would charge around building sites followed by his butler (the ever splendid Terry Thomas), brandishing a camera that looked a lot like a Thompson sub-machine gun!

Given the trouble photographers have just with a camera that looks like a camera, I think in today's climate - certainly in Britain - you could find yourself in serious trouble with one of those. Or even shot.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Ooh, Terry Thomas was in that? I have to watch it. (I think I saw it as a kid.) I loved Terry Thomas in "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world".

Alex said...

School for Scoundrels?

Pascal [P-04referent] said...

It's perfectly legal to shoot the public. Just not with an image-recording device.
All you need is a membership in the NRA...