Friday, March 21, 2008

Hot-spot detecting tee-shirt

[Thanks to Ian.]
If you're afraid that the world is not always aware of how big a geek you are, you can wear this tee-shirt which actively displays the strength of nearby wi-fi hot-spots.


I think that in a few years, we can buy clothes like this were the tech and battery is so flat and resistant that it can actually be built into the clothes themselves and not have to be removed for washing.
Admittedly, apart from unsubtle decoration, I don't imagine what good uses this will have. But then there are many good uses and technologies which I did not imagine before they arrived. In fact, that's most of them.

3 comments:

Alex said...

# Animated Decal is Removable (with hook and loop fasteners) for Easy Washing

Nope, it's Velcroed on so you can't wash it yet.

The idea of wearable PC's would be a "benefit" from this sort of development. Though if I were to make a wearable PC I would probably make the built-in cameras watch your hands on a virtual keyboard, and so obviate the need for a keypad on your wrist.

I'm sure there are applications in flight suits and safety clothing. Imagine an embedded Geiger counter or temperature sensor to let you know what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Velcro is a hook and loop fastener. Lots of tiny hooks; lots of tiny loops.

Alex said...

Erm, I misread EO when I thought he said it was washable. "not have to be removed for washing." Didn't see his wishful thinking.

I verbified the brand name, that's all.