Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Pain in the neck

Update: It's not until now I hear about traction, amazingly. I'm getting quite interested in it. I remember I felt better after my physio pulled my skull, early this month.

It's an indication of the severity of the situation that I, who live online, had not even looked up the condition I suffer(ed) from. But now I have, it's cervical nerve root compression.
I'd estimate I'm 3/4ths healed around now. Some of the time I very uncomfortable, some of the time I feel close to normal.

But I want to take more care of my back in the future. Better posture and so on. And I've ordered a massage chair, top japanese model, to help the tension which is a big part of my bane. It's not a cheap thingy for sure, but once you've been practically screaming with pain a few nights, you want to try to take care of yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to know that you think about me so much.
"I cast a half-hearted look of French contempt in your general direction", and wish you a happy and healthy Christmas. From the Castle of Aaaaargh! where I'm spending my vacation.

R.A.F., the original genuine one.

Hollywood sez: "Beware of imitations." :)

Anonymous said...

There's a gizmo called TrueBack (www.trueback.com) that might help you. You lay on it. Turned one way it straightens the upper back; turned the other way, it straightens the lower back. Takes about 10 minutes to use.

Haven't tried it myself. But it seems to be based on the same principles I used as a massage therapist. A variation of it worked well for me some years ago.

It's US$80, as I remember. It's simple, aluminum, and has no moving parts. It seems sturdy.