Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Background patterns

Sometimes I get tired for a while of having a distracting photo on my desktop ("wallpaper"). But on the other hand, just a solid color is very boring. So I got the idea of making these subtle patterns. They are both based on photos, and made to a tiling pattern with a Photoshop plugin called Terrazzo, and then bled of most of the contrast. I quite like them, whaddayathink?
They are designed for my 30-inch screen, I don't know if they suffer if used on smaller screens.
Update: Goshdarn, I forgot that Blogger allows maximum of 1600 pixels. Here is a link to a zip file of both, in full size.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the designs but I feel like my gaze has drifted 90 deg. downward...I'm looking at someone's beautiful kitchen tile. I think you're on to something though...I bet a wallpaper that looked like a classy artistic real wallpaper would be cool.

Alex said...

Is this something that went away ten years ago and has not come back?

I found some nice wallpaper tiles years ago, they are simple 16*16 or 32*32 bmp's which you tile on Windows dessktop, and I think I had something similar on system 7.

I never did really care for photos as the wallpaper, but the best one I had was a photo of my retina, I scanned it, the changed it to be blues not reds. Looked pretty cool.

Hannah said...

Gorgeous, especially the top one! :) Thanks for sharing, Eolake.

I find I have to be very careful what kind of picture I put on my desktop. Too busy isn't any fun.