Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Whigfield


Another Danish artist: Whigfield.
She was the first non-UK artist ever to place at number 1 on UK music charts.

It's a funny thing: like a contemporary song, Barbie Girl, Saturday Night is as "plastic pop" as music comes, but I still really like it (both of them). I have not listened to radio since I was a kid, but back in 1994 (good grief how time flies) a store was playing Saturday Night as I passed, and it grabbed me immediately, and I still really like it.

It is one of life's great mysteries to me: what is it about one song (or painting or whatever) that makes it so different from other ones that it just grabs people?



I suppose it's a testimonial to how little I know about pop that I never saw any of her videos before today, and I really did not know how Whigfield looks... But she is very cute.

1 comment:

DreamingWolf said...

YES! I just loved Whigfield in her Saturday Night video! She's so cute...