Saturday, September 01, 2007

Google speed

Man, Google web crawling/updates have become just insanely fast. I have noticed this recently, and got it shoved in my face right now. I was just looking for data pertaining to my article below, written less than an hour ago, and I'll be damned if the very same article did not show up prominently!

Update: ... and this article showed up within fifteen minutes!

By the way, if you have a site, how about giving me a link? It can only help my google ranking on various subjects.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's because Blogger is now Google... they might be able to push new articles to the search database as they are published, instead of relying on web crawling.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Yes, you're probably right, thanks.

Anonymous said...

"By the way, if you have a site, how about giving me a link? It can only help my google ranking on various subjects."

The problem, though, is that your website (stobblehouse.com) and this blog (eolake.blogspot.com) are on different second-level domains. This scatters the "link love" you get.

Or, to put it bluntly, linking to your blog primarily helps to promote Blogspot/Blogger more than anything else.

Linking to stobblehouse.com or domai.com is a different story, of course. I already do that.