Friday, September 14, 2007

David Lynch

David Lynch talks about creativity.
"I like a story that has some concrete structure, but also holds abstractions."

I agree strongly with that. I have long had that exact approach to pictures.

Another thing he says which I've used myself is that he stresses that all the details are in the original idea if you keep looking at it. Go back to the original concept, and more and more will come to view.

And by the way, when he talks about "bliss" and how it enhances creativity, he talks from an Eastern and a Trancendental Meditation viewpoint, which I don't know much about. But I have strong experiences with a spiritual "stillness place" which is power.
Using that place can give punishment in the form of fear, for the ego does not like it, because it's Universal. But it's a process too, in undoing the ego, I believe.

No comments: