Monday, January 01, 2007

Sepia, blue, sepia, blue, red, green


This is a different definition of "sepia", hehe. (Number four instead of three.)

se·pi·a (s?'p?-?)
n.
1. A dark brown ink or pigment originally prepared from the secretion of the cuttlefish.
2. A drawing or picture done in this pigment.
3. A photograph in a brown tint.
4. A dark grayish yellow brown to dark or moderate olive brown.

By the way, it is funny, this happens sometimes: originally when viewing the series of shots I took of this subject, I thought I had failed with it. But looking over them now, I really like this one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Failed with it", hunh?
Tchaikovsky felt the same about his most famous piece ever, "Nutcracker". He was very dissatisfied with the final result.

Being one's first and main critic can really help becoming good at what you do.
Provided you're not too successful at criticism! ;-)
(Otherwise, the best thing you can do is become a critic...)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thanks.
Yes, I have long felt that it is self-destructive to be highly critical, even if you're "right".
And I guess one should remember this includes the times when one is critical of oneself.