Saturday, September 16, 2006

Lost Girls update

Lost Girls hit stores on Wed Aug 31st, and the entire 10,000 copy 1st printing sold out on that day.
The publisher is printing more as quick as they can, obviously.
They have also set up a links page to articles and interviews related to the book.

I got my signed and numbered edition last week, and it really is a very remarkable work.

From an Amazon review:
"Just about the oddest preconceived notion in literature is that sex--generally a positive experience in real life--is widely considered dirty, low brow, and smutty (to list very few adjectives), whereas violence--generally a negative experience in real life--is considered exciting, entertaining, and, in some form or another, a remarkably suitable metaphor for the human condition." -- Downey

I think Downey is being diplomatic here, because this is even more true of real life than of literature. At least half of the world's population clearly feels this way. It is very remarkable.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've GOT to get me that book!
But I have little chance (to say the least!) to find it in Lebanon. Or to succesfully (safely???) order it from abroad...

I'm not finishing my life in this hole. It's more fit for excretory functions! ):-P
(Medical humour.)

"I'm definitely not remaining in the local sphincters. What's that? "Annals", you say? Ah well, I always get these two mixed up!" -- (Laurent Gerra, French humorist, live on TV, Sept. 16, 2006)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over— an analyst and a therapist. The world’s first "analrapist'."

- Tobias Funke on Arrested Development (a hoot and a holler.)

Anonymous said...

Looks like my life isn't the only one to stink! ;-)