Sunday, August 13, 2006

The "long tail"


Thanks to my friend David for reminding me of "The Long Tail", which, similar to my last post describes a wonderful development which could only happen with the Internet. (I remember when there were people who said that the Net was a gimmick without cultural significance. What a riot.) Basically where before the economics of mass production forced everybody to experience the same culture (the big hits), this is becoming less and less true, the culture is diversifying even more every year as both production and distribution is becoming easier and cheaper. I think in the long run this is invaluable for our cultural and spiritual development.
"The freedom of the press belongs to he who has one." Well, today everybody has one. This blog is not costing me a dime, and I have an audience of a few thousand readers five seconds after I type in any thought that occurs to me. Ya gotter love it.

1 comment:

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

That is terrible.
Did you get his name?

You can pay by cash or paypal if you want.

By the way, this blog is unrelated to the other site, please go to the email page there.
http://www.domai.com/text/email.html