Sunday, May 21, 2006

Soundsticks

Harman Kardon Soundsticks II
I just got these for my computer. I already had some pretty good ones, but I wanted really good sound for my music for all the time I spend here. And these had top reviews. Turns out for good reason. They are fantastic value for the money. They are only about $160/£100 (which, remember, includes a built-in amp), and they sound like a high fidelity system to my ear. Honest. And they are just gorgeous.
I can't get over the value for money. Get these and an iPod nano, and you have a beautiful, super-compact, high fidelity system for less than three hundred bucks.
(Note, apparently in the UK they are called Harman Multimedia Soundsticks II.)

I actually tried buying the Soundsticks in the first incarnation six years ago. But that model had digital input, and only worked with certain Macs. I am glad I got these now. They work with any player with a miniplug: iPod, Mac, PC, Walkman, Discman, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, they are so...clear. I like music too. I'll play music at work(as long as no one complains too much.) at home, in the car, basicly anywhere I can. Unfortuanly I don't have a iPod, cause that would rock.
I have taken a liking to the band Ugress that you talked about back in November. They sound great when I crank up the system. Have you checked out their new project band, "Shadow of the Beat"? They have some pretty cool stuff as well.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Thank you very much. I'll definitely look at "Shadow of the Beat".