Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Gilmore Girls forever

I have not watched TV for a couple of years. It's great.
Instead I sniff out the best shows and get the DVD. More costly, but a vastly superiour experience in so many ways, especially when you get a whole season at a time.
One of the slam dunks this year for me is Gilmore Girls.
To the untrained eye it may look like just another soap opera slash romantic comedy kinda thing. And surely this is in its geenes somewhere, but this is a whole 'nother story. This show is so intelligent and so witty!
All the characters are wonderfully real and original, and they all manage to somehow be funny, without being laughable.
And the best thing is the warmth of the show, the characters, and the stories. This is something which is really, really rare, especially if you want to combine it with a high level of intelligence and perspective.
I love these people and this show. I have watched three seasons in a few weeks, and I am already starting to get sad that only a bit less than two seasons are still on my shelf!
Oh, I recommend not catching a couple shows on TV, you'll get spoilers. Instead just dive in with the first season on DVD. I'll refund you if you regret it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For another brilliant show I highly recommend The West Wing. Best to watch it from the very first episode called "POTUS"; wonderfully written and acted.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I totally agree.

This is the golden age of TV.

Anonymous said...

i think those two gals are just gorgeous, and i am also struck by how the one that plays the elder of the two looks so much like jenny of jennyandfriends.net